Deciding on a career in nursing can bring questions that need answered. Here are 5 questions that should be clarified before signing up with any Nursing school.
- Is the nursing program accredited? Being accredited is important to the student for transfer of credits or future training. The U.S. Department of Education recognizes accreditation as a sign of being a reliable source of on the level of quality of education and the guarantee of credits. For more information on the importance of accreditation, visit https://www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/accreditation.html#Overview
- What are the pass rate percentages of the NLEX licensure exam or “nursing boards”? This will show you the level of education that the school provides in order to have the knowledge necessary for completing this test successfully.
- How satisfied have past students been with the nursing program? There may be little known facts about the classes that raise questions. Ask for a list of students that are willing to share their experience with you. Other questions may be whether or not there are waiting lists for particular programs or the length of time necessary to complete is vital information to seek.
- Where are students sent for clinical experience? Knowing where approved clinical locations are can be a deal breaker. Being able to get to the medical facility without having to make new living arrangements can be essential.
- Do you have a simulation lab? Going into the field of medicine can be terrifying. Working with patients and understanding their needs is crucial. Schools that offer simulation labs that have a simulated patient environment can help to gain better control of the work ahead.
The right school is your future. Never be afraid to make a list of questions that are important to you. Some other information that you may want to know can include: the number of students accepted versus the number of qualified students; what does the application process consist of; how easy is it to transfer credits?
If any of these questions cannot be answered, look into schools that have the answers. Your future goals will depend on it.
Article provided by, Advocate Search Group – a recruiting firm focused exclusively on filling academic nursing program positions throughout the USA
We welcome your inquiries….